It's day 3, I cut the fabric for Little Missy's apron style top and was going to stitch a doily on the plain gray fabric, I couldn't find a white one, and wasn't exactly sure she'd like it.
We're not a very frilly, flouncy, girly sort of family, last year I made Big a dress with lace trim on the sleeves. She wouldn't wear it, it was a fabric she chose and I was a bit surprised. After a few tears she admitted she didn't like the lace. Out came the unpicker. Then she happily wore it.
So, rather than hunt down a doily I was already unsure of, I took inspiration from this dress and made a panel for the front using *finally* the scrap jars. I didn't plan, or spend ages arranging, I just pulled out suitable colours and sewed.
It was surprisingly good fun, though the jar is still bulging.
All ready to finish off tomorrow...