Wednesday 23 July 2014

Michael Miller Challenge

I've finished two, yes two quilts in the last week! Nothing like deadlines to get me moving. 

This one is the Michael Miller Modern Quilt Guild challenge. We were given the printed fabric and you can make anything, as long as it's quilted. 



I have been playing with curves lately and thought it would be fun to see if I could insert the printed fabric into a hole in the solid grey. Turns out I could, and I like this a lot, so I expect you'll see more that are very similar soon(ish).



I love the simplicity of this, though I probably could have been more adventurous with the quilting. I find deciding how to quilt something the hardest part.


So this has been my creative space lately, lots of finishing. It feels good! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this quilt Collette!! are you going to do a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rounded edges really gives this quilt that special edge :) I really like the 2 colour binding, and the quilting suits it, especially because you've used a bright thread.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.