Cushion cover no. 2. I've made some progress, it's been slow, but this bugger will not defeat me.
Whilst I love all these fabrics by themselves or with a partner, I do not like them all together, or cut up into small pieces it seems, seeing how fabrics work together in quilting is proving to be a challenge.
This half-square triangle cushion cover was going to end up like this. But I really disliked it.
So I decided to sash it (get me with my quilty lingo), with one of Mr's old shirts, also another skill to try out. I do prefer it like this, but I don't love it.
I machine quilted this with my fancy new walking foot which was fun, but I wasn't very adventurous, I stuck to (almost) straight lines. It will get bound soon, hopefully.
I whipped up this potholder before I started on the cushion, slightly happier with this, though the quilting is a bit gathered - no walking foot at this point. It'll be perfect for when we go camping in the summer.
And of course we didn't forget Valentines day, just a bit late - lots of sickness in our house.
Add a marble to your cake tin...
bake, sit back and watch the tiddlers decorate your hearts. Yummy.
Freshly Pieced Quilts over here and creative types over here.
See you after half term. x