Thursday 26 January 2017

our 52 week project - print and stitch part 1

As the new year began I was looking for a project to commit to, which wouldn't leave me stressing to hit deadlines, but would push me creatively. I came across the #our52weekproject on Instagram which was started by Brooklyn Haberdashery. It was just what I needed, you set your own project and the only commitment is to post an image on Instagram once a week using the hashtag. Perfect.


My project is to print and stitch into linen squares measuring 30 x 30 cm. I'm keeping it simple, I don't know how many I'll complete, I don't have a plan of how they will look. They will most likely become a quilt.


This print was stencilled using the waste you get from sticker sheets, (these were from Moo stickers) I did a tutorial for this way back here


I'm keeping the stitching really simple, so far just running stitch. Hand stitching into linen feels so luxurious, I'm really enjoying the time spent on this project.


More stencilling this week, introducing a second colour.


So many possibilities with this project, it's very freeing to work on this with no restrictions and no pressure. 

If you'd like to join in, find #our52weekproject and start sharing your creations.

1 comment:

  1. Love the squares idea - and the colour. Will be really interesting to see how this develops!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.