Thursday 30 May 2013

wonky houses

I bought this sample pack for the Umbrella Prints Competition with plenty of time to get on and make something. Dumdeedum, roll on a couple of months and I realise I have just 3 days to think of something and make it.  



The pressure.   No ideas.   Not inspired.

In a very unprecise and unlike me fashion I set about chopping up the already small fabrics quite randomly in an attempt to make some wonky houses.


I printed some windows and doors and added a wonky roof. The seams don't all match at the corners, they lean more than I intended and I've over stuffed the tower block.


I don't think we have a winning entry here but I quite like them. I stitched them freely without worry and just enjoyed the process. That's what sewing is meant to be about, right? 

You will be able to vote for you favourite entries over here from the 1-5th June, I'm sure there will be plenty of stunners.


p.s. apologies about the quality of the photos, someone stole the sun and I had to use a flash, which wiped out the details.

1 comment:

  1. I like these! The colours are gorgeous and bright. Wonky is good, it shows they are home made. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.